About

09 January 2012

Oh, the mother city!

I love Cape Town, no really, I LOVE Cape Town.

I've made it a tradition to go to Cape Town at least once every year for leisure... And this beautiful city never cease to amaze me. Every time I go I discover something totally amazing and different about the city.

This time around, me and the friends we decided to stay away from the typically tourist places mainly because of the time we were traveling - December is high season here so one might spend more time on the queue to get on the cable car than on top of table mountain. So we went to the beach, did some wine tours, ate at arb places (like a fish and chip place in Hout Bay) and me being me - I had to convince the bunch that Cape Point was worth all the trouble... That the drive there alone is to die for and yet again, I was reminded of why I love the spot...

A few things I love about Cape Town:

1. Everyone is chilled, I mean even the birds in Cape Town know how to have R&R

Left: Lil guy looking out at the Mariners Wharf Harbor. Top right: birdy taking in the sights from the Two Oceans restaurant in Cape Point and Mr and Mrs Bird contemplating about the year ahead in Clifton beach.... they all look chillaxed!
This kind of behavior is not appreciated by us Joburgers sometimes. I remember me and my friends getting frustrated over restaurant orders taking too long in our view until we overhead a conversation amongst a Cape Town couple making a joke over the fact that Johannesburg people are always on the run and always complaining about crappy service. Well, we decided to rewind a bit and exist on Cape Town time. It did us well.

2. Seemingly every drive you take is a scenic drive. Seriously, you can't get anywhere without being amazed by the wonders of nature. The contrast of the sea against the mountains. How everything seems to just fit in well together.
All these snap shots taken from a moving car
 3. How the city is made for tourist from all over the world to enjoy. I am truly amazed at truly world class Cape Town is. I would recommend is to everyone and no, you don't need a body guard to feel safe here. People walk at night, I was shocked. Its not something you do in Jozi, you can't say you are going out on the town and rely on your feet as your only mode of transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment